Over the past few months, we’ve come across a few instances of people trying to obtain sensitive information from our customers, by posing as Swiggy customer care executives.
Please note that any customer care number you may come across for Swiggy is fake. In case you need to connect to Swiggy customer care, the best way to do so is through the Swiggy app, by clicking on the ‘Help’ section. Alternatively, for cases that require immediate intervention, please write in to email@example.com.
Please know that Swiggy or its authorised representatives will NEVER ask you for any financial information. Please do not share your debit/credit card number, CVV number, OTP, UPI/ATM pin and so on with anyone claiming to be a Swiggy representative.
Watch out for:
- Portals outside of Swiggy publicising fake toll-free customer care numbers.
- Fake websites, blogs, or suspicious posts on social media sites.
- Suspicious links sent to you via WhatsApp, SMS or email.
- Proactive calls from unauthorised numbers requesting for personal/financial information.
- Scamsters claiming you have a refund amount pending, in an attempt to get you to disclose sensitive information.
Swiggy has no connection with any of these fraudulent people, and no control over any information that you share with them. Any details that you share with these impersonators can compromise your personal and financial information.
In case you do get a call from a fraudulent person, or suspect it may be a case of phishing, please disconnect the call and stop all further communication.
If you have been a party to such fraudulent activities or have encountered any financial loss due to any such scams, please alert Swiggy, your bank and the respective cybercrime cell immediately to lodge an official complaint. This is important even if the crime seems minor.
We are committed to respecting your privacy and are here to help in case you ever face a problem concerning the same.