Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How do No-contact Deliveries work?
To get a No-contact Delivery of your order, you can opt-in at the checkout page. Your delivery partner will be notified to leave your order on a clean surface near your door, give you a call or ring the bell, and send you a photo of the delivery before marking it as delivered. You can see the photo sent by the delivery partner on the order tracking screen. No-contact Deliveries are not applicable on cash-on-delivery orders.
2. Where will the Delivery Partner leave my order?
3. How will I know that my order has been delivered?
Your delivery partner will call you or ring your doorbell before leaving. They will also send you a picture of the delivery, which you can see on the order tracking screen. This will be followed by a notification and an SMS. You can pick up the order immediately after.
4. What happens if my order gets damaged or picked up by somebody else the delivery partner leaves it at the doorstep?
We recommend that you do not opt-in for a No-Contact Delivery if there is a possibility of the order getting picked up by somebody else or getting damaged.
5. What happens if the delivery partner leaves the order at the wrong drop off location?
If you don’t find your order at the right location, please call the delivery partner or reach out to us by clicking on ‘Help’ and let us know that your order was not delivered correctly. To minimise chances of this happening, please add all relevant details such as Flat/House No., Floor, Block No., etc. to your address.
6. What happens if the delivery partner is unable to reach my drop-off location?
On the off chance that the delivery partner is unable to find your drop-off point, they’ll call you for directions or details. To minimise chances of this happening, please add all relevant details such as Flat/House No., Floor, Block No., etc. to your address.
7. Do I have to opt-in for a No-contact Delivery every time?
Opting in for a No-contact Delivery once does not make all future deliveries contactless by default. If you’d like to continue receiving No-contact Deliveries, please opt-in before checking out every time.
8. Why did Swiggy launch ‘No-Contact’ Delivery?
No-contact Deliveries minimise close-space interactions between customers and delivery partners, and help create safer communities.